Today, we have spent the day mowing just about everything on the course. Dan, the horticulturist and other staff members are continuing the preparation of planting at the new patio. As I was over looking the new patio, I thought it was time to remove the large concrete circle that was in front of the Clubhouse. I never knew the true purpose of it or when it was installed. All I do know is that it is almost 10 inches thick concrete. Who ever built it, built it to last! We are hoping to have it totally removed by middle of next week.
Starting yesterday, the construction crew began sodding the 18th green complex. They have installed bentgrass for the fairway extensions, low cut bluegrass for the intermediate cut and turf type tall fescue for the rough. They also installed some fine fescue on the bunker edges. We plan to finish sodding by tonight but might need to purchase a small quantity more next week to fix some construction wounds.