Any superintendent who tries to maintain a clean stand of bentgrass will tell you poa annua or "poa" is the enemy. It is an annual grass that produces seed for about 8 months a year and then dies. It is considered a weed by superintendents because of its poor overall quality. Quite frankly, I despise this grass. It is probably my number one concern and we work all year to keep it in check but I need your help! This picture (CLICK on it) will show you a poa plant inside an unfixed divot from 15 fairway. I can not say it enough, PLEASE replace your divot and fix ball marks on greens. This is how the poa invades the stand of bentgrass. I can't begin to explain how hard it is to remove it without hurting the existing bentgrass. I appreciate all the help you can lend us.
Starting yesterday, the construction crew began sodding the 18th green complex. They have installed bentgrass for the fairway extensions, low cut bluegrass for the intermediate cut and turf type tall fescue for the rough. They also installed some fine fescue on the bunker edges. We plan to finish sodding by tonight but might need to purchase a small quantity more next week to fix some construction wounds.